Allowing to Isolate the payments application to the point of sale business application
The nexo Retailer Protocol defines a set of interfaces between a card payment application and a retail point of sale system.
It offers new innovative features such as a clear separation between sale and payment, the provision of a complete series of payment and loyalty services as well as a common approach for all types of architectures and environments.
This specification contains the protocol specifications between a sale system and a payment system.
The protocol allows a sale system to request a payment system to process the payment associated to the purchase of goods or services made by a customer (cardholder).
Presents the detailed specifications of the protocol on several aspects:
- The modelisation of the various architectures that could be supported by the protocol.
- The way to use the transport protocol located below the application protocol that is specified.
- The management of the messages, including the dynamic behaviour of the protocol with the error management.
- The specification of the services offered by the protocol, and the specification of how to use these services, by the exchange of sequence of messages.
- The static part of the protocol, definition of the messages and their components.
The information is presented into four main parts:
- Communication level management,
- Application protocol,
- Definition of messages
Since version 3.1, the information is presented into 3 parts:
- Architecture and models,
- Transport protocols,
- Specification of messages
The specifications are available for free under an End-user License Agreement (EULA).
This material is part of the nexo Retailer Protocol series of specifications.
The .zip file also contains the related XML Schema and ASN.1 definitions as well as some examples of XML-coded messages.
NEW VERSION OF NEXO RETAILER PROTOCOL
Changes in version 3.1:
- Support of voice authorization as a payment type
- Support of QR Code types: Alphamnumeric, Binary, Kanji, QR encoding mode, version and error correction
- Support of electronic carholder signature capture
- Support of a payment facilitator: the sponsored merchant data can be provided to the POI.
- Support of several sale system components and POI components
- NotAllowed error is now a valid ErrorCondition for a BalanceInquiry
- Numerous documentation fixes